But this is not simply all for fun and games. Many technology influencers believe AR and VR offer that elusive missing link that will make Digital Transformation flourish—helping engineers, designers, and technicians change the manner by which companies design, manufacture, operate, and maintain their products, services, and assets.
The most common mistake many companies make with Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality is treating them as isolated tool boxes, whereas their true, almost boundless power is unleased only when they are integrated with larger enterprise solutions.
Teamed-up with IoT, RPA, and advanced analytics, AR and VR can provide immersive experiences and real-time, contextualized data to execute the user’s tasks with rapidity, impact, and precision. The business benefits from heightened innovation, as well as smarter design, manufacturing, and operations.
Benefits to your business of a VR or AR solution implementation, especially when paired with IoT can include:
- Bridging gaps between physical assets and digital infrastructure
- Maintenance of equipment and machines in remote locations
- Improved data capture and actionability, from engineering to manufacturing, field services and product development
- Reduced costs
- Greater process efficiency
- Enhancements to asset utilization
- Increased productivity
Specific examples of AR and VR business and industry solutions include:
- Immersive VR-guided instructions for aero engine maintenance engineers in a connected fault diagnostic scenario
- VR-guided training for industrial applications
- Remote collaboration with experts through AR applications for field service engineers
- Connected-worker AR applications for plant operators and maintenance engineers
- Role-based AR solutions for manufacturing visualization for operators, supervisors, and quality engineers integrated with MES applications
“We lack basic knowledge of the Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality solutions that are available, and feel directionless in implementing IoT across our enterprise.”
The CyberVersa Solution:
We will deploy experienced Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality consultant teams providing you a solid understanding of the tools available and a strategy for holistic automation. Merging Agile Project Management with the latest AR and VR solutions, we will help you identify your initial Value Proposition, and shepherd each Agile phase through delivery, retrospectives, and beyond; train your teams, and coach your C-Level leaders to ensure the sustainability of every success.
Remember, Agile delivers:
- A common understanding of scope and requirements
- Planning of Sprints (iterations) aligned with requirements and desired accomplishments
- Daily Scrum meetings for real-time progress
- Retrospectives after each Sprint
Embracing an Agile approach is essential to any successful AR and VR implementation. Always a formidable results facilitator, it provides:
- Continuous illustration of project milestones throughout the AR and VR lifecycle
- Majority of the risk managed-out in early phases (versus Waterfall; the precise opposite)
- Flexibility to implement IoT process changes mid-stream
- Delivery of faster value while garnering feedback
- Utilization of quicker dev cycles for workable iterations
Your initial Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality Value Proposition and solution implementation will become seamless elements of your organization’s Center of Excellence (CoE). This will require orchestration of many moving parts (often across multiple touchpoints and platforms). Agile will ensure all of your organization’s long term technical, operational, and business goals are addressed and met, a single iteration at a time.
CyberVersa is able to offer more versatile consultant services than many Agile Project Management consulting firms. Headquartered in Miami, USA, we regularly offer Agile Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality consulting services (and deploy consultants) to New York City. Along with our partners, we bring more than 100 combined years of Agile Digital Transformation consulting experience, and the bandwidth to service the entire country.